Fun Fact about Kitsu: He’s not actually blind. While he lost his standard eyesight, he gained the ability to see in “Aura Vision” permanently. Because of this, his senses are heightened even more, and he’s become possibly an even deadlier gunner than Luke. I haven’t drawn him in a long time, so I wanted to give his design a bit of a rehash. He still has his classic fur-trimmed collar, but instead of several hair “appendages”, I cut it down to one to make him resemble his mother a bit more. This sketch is a bit messy, though, and I might do a few more gloss-overs to refine his design before he appears in the next page of Rose for Shurinai.
Here you go, guys, the four main characters of TwistedFates! Of course, I use that term lightly, because a lot of characters have prominent roles in this story. Super psyched about getting this done, actually. I was thinking about making these into double-sided charms or acrylic stands some time in the future. That’d be top! I’ve developed a habit of not drawing Nagi’s goggles lately. Either I’m subconsciously phasing them out of his design, or– well yeah. That’s what I’m doing.
I’m trying to find my style lately, and this seems to be a nice start. Exaggerating body types (or something like that), cute faces, all that good stuff. Of course… I say this like I’m doing this with the technical aspect in mind. >___>
Nahh, I just want to design them so that in the long run they end up being easier to animate. Because I want to get back into that groove. Animating. Yes.
Neways, if I manage to get more visuals of characters in this style done, I’ll be certain to update the gallery. That’d be cool.
I’m kicking off the summer with the debut of a role-playing group I’ve been working on for a little bit. Around 5 years ago, I started an OCT that was met with overwhelmingly positive feedback. Sadly, I was unable to fund/run the OCT any longer, until recently when Brittu gave me a super cool idea: make it into a roleplaying group.
So that’s what I’m doing! The story behind Aether Resort is that Xenon Naginata and his accomplices run a resort in a pocket dimension. While Aether Resort seems like an innocent enough vacation spot, rumors and creatures begin emerging that causes concern among the residents. At the end of each season (summer and winter), CMYK come together to reveal their true selves and motives– but of course, no one’s suspected this. I’d go more in depth about the “creatures” that emerge and what not, but that’d be SPOILERS!
As you would have guessed, Aether Resort does take place in the same pocket dimension as A Cup of Sugar and Megaman X: Hybrid. Aether represents the cracks in the magic barrier that keeps Nagi trapped in La Seri.
I am SUPER stoked to launch this group, and I hope it’ll build interest in the world of Ambrosia! I’ll keep you all posted as the adventure goes on.
Alias: Angel Boy || The Azure Oracle
Age: 34 cycles
Wielder Type: Double
Aura Art Type: Neutral (later, Pure)
Essence Trigger: Bubble Wand
Alliance: Against Corruption
Birth daughter of Kaito Shurinai
Friend of Andy Ramirez (later, Andy Naginata)
‘Child’ of Xenon Naginata
Friend of Luke Hirigani /Luke Naginata
Royal Guard of Incubus the Benevolent
later, Right hand of Luke Hirigani
- Separated from the usurper Kaito Shurinai at birth.
- Gale’s mother wanted her to focus on schooling.
- Gale’s mother also taught him to hide his real identity (Princess of Platinia). Yep, Gale’s a lady!
- Met Andy in boarding school.
- The two went on various adventures together.
- They usually sneaked out of school to go on said adventures.
- Gale reveals he is actually a girl!
- Andy promises to keep it a secret.
- Gale returns home with her mother. Kaito finds out that Gale is a girl, and Kaito attacks Gale’s mother out of rage. “Only the son of the king can be heir”.
- Platinian genocide kicks off. Gale is abducted, but not before she watches her mother become part of the Nero Oracle.
- Becomes a “child” of the Corruption virus.
- Later, Gale becomes the apprentice of Incubus the Benevolent.
- Accompanies Luke (and sometimes Naginata himself) on missions, or as Nagi eventually calls them, “walks”.
- Assists Luke in his assault on old job by protecting (and later, abducting) Rachel, Luke’s love interest.
- Other collaborations with Luke include “robbing” morgues and creating an outbreak with Naginata and Luke in a Saphanian hospital.
- Later, Gale is contacted by Luke, who voices concern for a boy that Nagi brought in.
- Gale is taken over by the Hive Mind and attacks Luke.
- When freed from the Hive Mind’s influence, Gale helps Luke break Terry out of Oniyex.
- Gale becomes Luke’s left hand in the Rebels guild.
- Hide identity.
- Perform well in school.
- Go on adventures! See the world!
- Spread Father’s (Nagi’s) love, in the form of the virus.
- Serve Incubus as a (hand) maiden.
- Master the violin.
- Protect the innocent from Corruption.
- Build confidence, accept her natural beauty.
- Glamour is an Auronian male.
- Plays a giant ivory harp (after being “cured” of Corruption).
- Strings the harp with strands of her hair.
- Loves to blow bubbles. She finds it therapeutic.
Quick notes on the Chamber of Wisdom, where Luke sees his pop for the first time in a long while.
This hasn’t occurred in the Rose for Shurinai reboot yet, but i wanted to get a general idea of the environment that Logan sits in.
The Chamber of Wisdom is some several hundred feet below sea level in Oniyex’s Crystal Caverns and is one of the gateways to Cloud 9, where Destiny watches over the Book of Fate. Logan can’t really leave this chamber since the Corruption has him trapped inside.
I’m still working out the details of this location, but I hope to be able to bring it to life in the near future! That’d be cool, right? :3
- When we reach a certain number of active users, I want to make the “pearls” redeemable for coupons, icons, etc.
- Get a working art gallery up and going where users can share fan art.
- Get .introspection. completed and uploaded.
- Upload music I composed for TwistedFates.
Way in the future
- A make your own Serian flash game! That would be cool.
- Create and embed a TwistedFates related rpg or something similar.
Patron Rewards: Lifetime Support Redemption
To make the experience rewarding for patrons across all tiers, I’ve opened a new incentive that should (hopefully) make you, my sponsor, feel super important and awesome!
I often hold digital promotions where I offer digital commissions for a discounted price. But here’s the super cool part: during these promotions, you can redeem some of your Lifetime Support Balance(herein referred to as “LSB”) to get one of these for no additional cost! This means that over the time you support me, you’re actually building up “vouchers” that you can use later!
What “Promos” Can I Redeem my Lifetime Support Balance for?
From here on out, the image on the left will be displayed where you can redeem your LSB. Usually, these promotions will consist of “what would you/your OC look like” in one of my projects to keep things relevant.
Where Will the Promos Be Announced?
Super good question! To keep things simple, the promos will be announced on orribu.deviantart.com, as that is my front for creating and sharing art. This venue is subject to change, and when it is, I will notify all users of the change. This of course doesn’t mean that you HAVE to have an account on DeviantART, but it would surely be preferred.
How to Redeem:
- Make sure you are aware of your LSB before making a request! You can of course message me to confirm how much your lifetime support balance is.
- With this amount in mind, check the services offered in the promotion. Usually, the promotions will offer $1 mystery commissions, $3 “chibis” or $5 bust portraits. These prices and offers, of course, are subject to change.
- IF YOU DON’T HAVE A DEVIANTART ACCOUNT: Using the instructions provided in the promotion, send an email to email@example.com with “Promo: [Promo Name] Redemption” as your subject.
- After we confirm your identity as one of my patrons and your LSB, we’ll make an agreement of what you’ll receive! At this time, I will tell you your remaining LSB after redeeming for the promotion.
- You can only redeem once per promotion, and only the fixed amount that the promotion offers (i.e. redeem $2 of your $5 lifetime support for a $2 commission).
- You can still get multiple slots of each promotion, but only one will be “free” in accordance with this LSB Redemption agreement.
- Lifetime Support Balance (LSB) is good for digital services only, and only any “special” promotions where the orange tag is displayed.
- If you want to negotiate for an actual commission, check my commission details instead. You will get a special discount (often 10%-25% depending on your pledge)!
- Please refrain from constant check-ins on your commission. Constant check-ins result in my concentration/work flow being rattled and thus slows productivity.
- If you want to get updates on your commission as I make progress, we can discuss that at negotiation.
- Sometimes, multiple artists will be working on the commission. Upon redeeming your LSB and negotiating with me, you’re okay with the fact that you’ll possibly be receiving art from another artist. (NOTE: This won’t go in effect until things really pick up and I have more patrons redeeming their LSBs for the promotions.)
- You have to have successfully supported me for at least 3 consecutive months before redeeming again.
- If you’ve declined support recently, you can’t redeem your LSB until you’ve fulfilled the above condition.
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below! I will get back to you as soon as I can!
Alias: The One-Eyed Prince
Age: 29 cycles
Wielder Type: Single
Aura Art Type: Corrupted
Essence Trigger: Mask
Alliance: For Corruption
Son of Xenon and Incubus Naginata
Trains Andy Naginata
Brother of Ash, Kitsu, Miechika Naginata
Uncle of Musa, Kusa, Maxi, Musiq Naginata
- Started off as a mutated parasite. Since he was half cloaked and half released, he was in a lot of pain.
- Was fed Black Venom at birth.
- Naginata wanted to see if he could ease the pain. It worked!
- Thus, Travis became the first successful Parasite-humanoid hybrid. As such, half his face is mutated.
- Naginata noticed Travis’ unusual interactions with the Guardians.
- Travis, when talking to the Guardians, would actually speak in the Hive Mind’s voice, even without a mask.
- Travis would never sleep and always was found near a flock of Guardians.
- Travis starts complaining about pain in the left side of his face.
- Naginata, after brainstorming with Incubus and Drakken, decide to give Travis half a Guardian’s mask.
- The mask, acting as a shell, helps protect his face from traces of Pure Aura in La Seri.
- Travis proceeds to accompany Guardians on their patrols.
- He takes particular interest in watching the Guardians swallow their victims.
- He later finds out about “Masking”, which in his mind is what saved his life. It becomes his favorite method of Corruption.
- Begins homeschool with Ash, Kitsu, Miechika, and others. (Who is the teacher?)
- Daydreamed a lot, performing poorly in school. He was good at drawing, though.
- He often sneaked out to be with the Guardians.
- Naginata inspires him to perform better in school by announcing that the princes would become Guardians upon graduation.
- Travis, Ash, Kitsu, and Miechika graduate!
- On his first official patrol as a Guardian, he notices people suffering from major poisoning.
- He masks them. (To him, he’s “saving” them).
- Later, he and the other princes get their own units of Guardians.
- Be near the Guardians. He felt safe around them.
- Improve performance in school.
- Graduate and become a Guardian.
- “Save” the people of La Seri.
- Left half of his face is mutated.
- Wears a half-mask over the left side of his face.
- Ever since he got his new mask, he speaks and both his and the Hive Mind’s voice.
Right after Gale saves Andy from being controlled by the Corruption virus, he attempts to put his newfound skill to the test. Sadly, nothing works out– he can’t “hear” anyone like he “heard” Andy. This newfound power is a mystery, and while it can’t completely eradicate the virus from someone’s body, it is a skill that would come in handy, if Gale is able to channel it again. Poor boy’s so stressed out.